1. Chocolate was first drunk by the Aztecs, Montezuma was a 50-cup a day fan.
2. 1000 cacao beans are needed to make a 1 kg of chocolate.
3. Never feed chocolate to your cats and dogs, it’s dangerous for them.
4. Chocolate is 3 times more complex than wine, because it has 3 times the flavour compounds.
5. Cocoa trees live up to 200 years & are members of the cotton family.
6. Chocolate was consumed as a drink long before it was eaten as a bar [invented by Fry’s in England in 1847].
7. Chocolate really does make us happy - it causes endorphins to be released in the brain.
8. Africa has taken over. Cocoa beans originated in South America, now 70% comes from Africa.
9. Chocolate melts at 34 deg. C. Body temperature is 37. That’s why it melts in your fingers.
10. Chocolate [dark] is good for you! Like tea, cocoa contains antioxidants, which help prevent cell damage.